A couple days ago I told you to be a buffalo—so I thought I’d follow it up with be a minion.
That’s right—be a minion. Not the scary purple guys with the wild hair and psychotic twitch, but the nice yellow ones like Kevin. He’s my favorite if it’s possible to have only one favorite minion. Okay, in truth. He’s the only minion’s name I remember and the only one that Gru seems to call on all the time. So if he’s good enough for Gru…well, you know the rest.
Anyway, why should we all be like Kevin?
I just finished watching Despicable Me II and it was fantastic. It’s like a Shrek. It keeps getting better or at least staying just as good. I won’t give away any spoilers in case you haven’t seen it yet, but those little yellow guys get beat up terribly.
I’ve seen Kevin and the other minions…
- Shrunken to walnut size
- Forced to dress up as a baby in diapers, a dad with a terrible ‘stash’, and a mom with an equally horrible wig
- Squeezed into a test tube
- Repeatedly smashed head first into ceilings
- His back broken and his body used as a chem-lite to light a dark path
- Blown up
- Launched into out space
- Pushed into a giant crevice
- Used as a ping pall ball
- Experimented on
- Flushed down a huge water drain
- Made to work for free
- Had to chip in their own money, jewels, and personal valuables just to keep their job
- Forced to sample Dr. Nafario’s disgusting jelly
- Turned into terrible purple monsters
AND…AND…they never hold a grudge, stay angry for more than two seconds, and end the rotten experience with a laugh. Time and time again, they take everything life can dish out and they keep right on laughing. We could all learn an awful lot from Kevin and his cousins…
Who wouldn’t want to be a minion? I want to be a minion!